VIDEO: Making Pizza Without Tomatoes

Written by . Filed under Videos. Tagged , , , . Bookmark the Permalink. Post a Comment. Leave a Trackback URL.

Chef Matt Finarelli was the instructor for a bread making class I took at Culinaerie. Not only did we learn a lot, but we took home a boatload of freshly made bread which I savored for weeks.

Chef Finarelli has a new cookbook out called Beyond the Red Sauce: Classic Italian Cooking Without Tomatoes.  I thought it’d be fun to make a video of him demonstrating a few of his recipes. Here’s the result — a video on making your own pizza dough from scratch, plus three pizza recipes using no tomatoes.

And yes, we devoured all three pizzas after filming. Such hardships…

6 Comments

1. Posted June 4, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Doug! What an awesome video! I had a great time teaching you at CulinAerie, and a great time making this video with you! And I must say, you did an awesome job of it! You made me look great – no easy feat to say the least! Thanks again and awesome work!

2. UNKA Don
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Mattm
    Fantastic! I’m hungry again. Where can I get your cookbook?

3. Paul
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Nice video, wish I could have been on that shoot!

4. TK
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

This is nice! Never thought to make pizza with squash, but it looks great.

5. Jeanne Shaw
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I benefit by Jack’s emails to Barbara – shared with me : )
    You have a great presence – I’d watch your cooking show any day!
    Cheers – Jeanne